THE 5th YEAR: MASTERING
Some courses aim to reinforce the knowledge of the company as well as its environment: management of human resources, business strategies, Corporate Social Responsibility... Others develop the technical knowledge already acquired: logistics, scheduling, management in real time, Lean management, purchasing/sourcing.
- Industrial project: real business projects (logistics, quality, re-engineering,...);
- End of Studies Project: mission in an industrial environment with the support of the Department's resources;
- Industrial testimonials;
- Possibility of academic exchange in 5GI-S1;
- Possibility to realize End of Studies Project abroad;
- Option - Research and Innovation: Supply Chain Optimization in Industry 4.0.
INITIATION TO RESEARCH
Period: beginning of October to end of January
The project, supervised by research professors of the department's partner laboratories, is held by groups of 2 to 3 students to propose innovative solutions to an applied research problem in industrial engineering. This problem can be posed or conducted in collaboration with a company.
- Research institutions and actors in France;
- The place of engineers - doctors;
- Research issues in industrial engineering
- Develop an approach to scientific questioning on a research issue.
THE RESEARCH OPTION - OPTIMIZATION OF THE SUPPLY CHAIN IN INDUSTRY 4.0
During the 5th year, students have the possibility of enrolling, in an R & D course, entitled "Optimization of the Supply Chain in Industry 4.0".
- Joint optimization of Transport and Production;
- Data science;
- Industry of the future;
- Research in Industrial Engineering including one research project (56h). The subject is proposed and supervised by teachers who are researchers in one of the department's partner laboratories and can be posed by or conducted in collaboration with a company.
- To mobilize the relevant theoretical knowledge to deal with today's "state-of-the-art" research issues;
- To write a states of the art on a given research question;
- To understand and formulate a research question on an open, yet unexplored industrial engineering problem;
- To carry out a research approach over a long time span;
- To write a document according to the redactional standards of a research article;
- To propose contribution ideas to answer a problem.
Duration: 6 weeks/project
The industrial project is a real corporate project. Each project (each student will deal with three of them) is supervised and led by industrial project owners over 6 weeks. The students are working out a solution in response to a set of conditions.
Each group, as the manager of the project proposes and defends its technical, organizational, economic and time-bounded solutions. Each group is competing to win the market.
- Industrial organization;
- Continuous improvement;
- Production data analysis and system sizing ;
- Sourcing and material supply
- Develop the capacities of observation and strategic analysis of an organization;
- Integrate the technical and socio-economic aspects of a project or a process (of production, management ...);
- Improve communication and analysis skills, through a precise identification of the professional environment, by increasing the number of contacts and working relationships in the company, and so on.
During the 5th year, the student can choose to realize either
- For 18 weeks (minimum), the End of Studies Project aims to solve an industrial problem within an enterprise. The End of Studies Project provides a mission similar to that of an engineer. In a general manner, it is question of adopting project management behavior: product analysis and design phases, implementation of the manufacturing process, production system organization.
- If the subject of the assignment includes in addition to the engineering dimension, a dimension "research" or «innovation " and if the company agrees , that End of Studies Project with Research component is supported by a laboratory, partner of IE department . This laboratory will be able to bring its expertise and skills to the proposal of innovative solutions.
- Training for entrepreneurship
- The objective of the Student Entrepreneur Program is to train engineers in entrepreneurial skills, through a real-life project, which forces students to consider, assimilate and assume the risks that are inherent to business.
- This is a six-month option, from February to September, during the last year of the engineering cycle. It replaces the End of Studies Project (after acceptance of the application).
- The Student Entrepreneur section provides future engineers with an additional skill, developing their capacity to manage a team, drive an innovative project or create a business.
- The Student Entrepreneur program allows students to become familiar with the major tools of business and project management, and to control processes and behaviors, through experiential learning.
- The Student Entrepreneur program awards the specialized “Technology Entrepreneur and Manager” Certificate.
Duration of 8 months
CQPM Animator of the Lean approach
Master's degree in Industrial Engineering
Lean Six Sigma-Green Belt Certification
(Master’s degree and qualifications are not correlated)