THE INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER
S/he is essentially a production manager with an internationally-oriented outlook. S/he is able to conceive, establish and control complex industrial systems while considering the whole technical, organizational, financial and human dimensions.
The skills involved serve to enhance performance, safety and quality.
His/her personal evolution will lead him/her to take on more and more responsibilities. S/he must then, be able to accompany and lead collaborators towards the aims by implementing human relations qualities to explain, convince, justify, control...
S/he is able to:
- Model the process of any activity (industrial, logistics and tertiary) ;
- Design and size systems required for a given activity of production, service, distribution...;
- Identify and correct discrepancies in a continuous improvement process (material, human and information systems) by the implementation of analytical and simulation tools ;
- Manage and configurate of supplies and purchases for single, serial or continuous productions ;
- Lead any type of project (management of teams, resources, budget, customers and suppliers) at all levels (operational, strategic, transverse or pilot) ;
- Initiate and manage innovations and direct change ;
- Ensure quality reporting through the establishment of appropriate indicators, based on a systemic view of organizations (matrix, silo, and project) for any scope and any type of activity ;
- Enhance, protect and sustain the expertise of entities in the activity scope;
- Understand the social and financial part of business management.
School SKILLS: specific IE
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING AND SUPPLY CHAIN
- Observe, measure, analyze and interpret an event or a system from data ;
- Modeling, designing a system of information, making and production of goods and services;
- To evaluate, prototype and simulate a system ;
- Sizing the hardware and / or software of a system ;
- Operating a system of production and respond to malfunctions ;
- Select appropriate production tools, integrate them into an environment and configure, and set up a production system ;
- Develop and implement a purchasing strategy ;
- Pilot supplies in connection with the planning and inventory management policy ;
- Locate and assign the production, storage and transportation to different members of the supply chain.
- Develop and implement an action plan as part of a quality approach and continuous improvement ;
- Understand and evaluate a structure globally, through socio-economic frames of reference ;
- Changing organizations to meet new constraints or opportunities ;
- Taking into account the technological and methodological innovation.
- Operating collectively project: organization, communication, entertainment, group coordination ;
- Operating a project based on a master plan (planning, budgeting, definition of monitoring indicators) ;
- Identify, analyze and control the risks inherent to a project ;
- Identify and sign contracts formalize the needs of a client, follow their progress and validate compliance (traceability requirements).
MAN AND ORGANIZATION
- Identify the critical skills and knowledge of an organization and implement tools and methods to sustain them;
- Conduct a socio-organizational analysis to better understand the effects of change and to adapt strategies ;
- Implement Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).